Sponsored by Prudential
- Location: No Barriers Mountain Campus • Red Feather Lakes, CO, State Forest State Park, CO, Upper Colorado River • Granby, Colorado
- Veterans with verified service and a VA disability rating
- Click here to review 2019 Essential Eligibility Criteria
- Duration: Nine days total, Rock Climbing, Trekking, White Water Rafting
- Dates:August 14-22, 2019
- Cost: Entirely free
- FAQs: View other Frequently Asked Questions here.
This 9-day Backcountry expedition is designed to push participants in a variety of ways by introducing them to different ways of experiencing Colorado. Before the expedition starts in Colorado, the team will be introduced to each other and the No Barriers Life through our innovative online learning platform. Once the team arrives in Colorado, they will experience the No Barriers Life through rock climbing at our Mountain Adventure Camp; trekking to new heights in Colorado’s largest state park; and rafting a remote section of the upper Colorado River.
This unique experience mirrors Erik Weihenmayer’s own journey of overcoming obstacles as he strove towards the summit of Mt Everest and kayaked the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.. Expedition activities will encourage participants to reflect on their past, recognize where they are in the present and look to the future with positivity. After returning home, veterans will finish the final phase of the program online. It’s designed to help team members pursue the meaningful pledge they set during the journey, and to internalize the No Barriers Life.
Upon completion, participants are welcomed into the No Barriers family for ongoing support in accomplishing goals and overcoming barriers, as well as potential future opportunities with No Barriers USA.
- Aug. 14: Arrive in Denver, CO, spend the night at the No Barriers Mountain Adventure Camp
- Aug. 15: Climb at campus, stay at campus
- Aug. 16: Trek and overnight in the backcountry of State Forest State Park
- Aug. 17: Attempt Clark Peak (Weather permitting)
- Aug 18: Transition to the Colorado River
- Aug. 19-21: Paddle the Colorado River
- Aug. 22: Depart Denver
Meet the Team
Nominate A Veteran »