Please fill out the application located at: https://www.tfaforms.com/409703. There will be an opportunity to attach a resume and cover letter if you like as well.
Adventure Staff must be 18 years old with current CPR/ First Aid and have experience working with kids, preferably in an outdoor leadership position. Experience with outdoor adventures, team building, low ropes course facilitation, advanced medical certifications and strong outdoor skills preferred. Counselors should be available May 28 – August 2
No Barriers Adventure Camp is…
NOT just a summer camp! We are a youth development program. We use outdoor adventure as a vehicle for learning leadership skills, building confidence, promoting pro-social interactions. We encourage the kids participating in our program to believe that they are among the coolest, most appreciated, dynamic and capable individuals on the planet. We want our participants to realize what is within them is stronger than what’s in their way.
Our Adventure Camp Counselors will…
● Participate in No Barriers’ extensive Staff Training
● Live at camp while in session (Monday through Friday) with the kids. You are directly responsible for your campers at all times. This responsibility begins upon the arrival of your first camper and ends when the last camper has been turned over to their parents/guardian.
● Assist in teaching rock climbing, ropes course, mountain boarding.
● Directly lead night activities, nature hikes, camp cooking/cleaning, etc.
● Assume responsibility for leadership and guidance to those campers in daily living skills, with special attention to:
o Personal hygiene, safety & manners
o Camper personal interactions with respect of others
o Camper participation in all camp activities
o Camper personal growth, self-confidence and independence through group living.
● Maintain a positive attitude while serving as a good role model to campers in personal language, appearance, manners and health habits
● Put campers needs before your own, making each camper feel like the most important child in the world
● Perform other duties as needed
If all this appeals to you, we imagine your friends make fun of you and think you’re nuts, but you’ll fit in fine!