We are seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to join the No Barriers Team. This Full-Time position is designated to raise revenue for No Barriers USA through community fundraising events and individual giving, primarily in the southeast region of the United States. This position will be located in Asheville, NC.
Additionally, the Expedition Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and continued improvement of all systems and processes in place to serve clients. The Expedition Coordinator, with support from the Global Initiatives and Operations Manager, also coordinates the educational process for Group Leaders, ensuring that they understand our educational model and know how to implement curriculum and utilize resources.
About the Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise funds for No Barriers by implementing community fundraising events, new initiatives and elevating corporate partnerships.
- Successfully support and execute fundraising events (including but not limited to existing special events) and create new events that generate corporate support and individual giving in Asheville and the Southeastern US. These events require skill in logistics, donor relations, and mission engagement.
- Work with supervisor and local volunteer leaders to identify and engage volunteers, community businesses, organizations, service organizations, and foundations that can further the work of No Barriers.
- Cultivate and engage meaningful relationships with donors and volunteers in the Asheville community that steward individual giving.
- Support the Development Department across all fundraising initiatives and efforts as requested.
Other Potential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to positive organizational culture through intentional and identifiable actions
- Work effectively across all departments to ensure knowledge and alignment of funding needs and opportunities
- Support employee engagement, stewardship and recognition efforts for individuals and donors from across the organization
- Work effectively within budget and help manage the resources and expenses within the department
- Possible moving of boxes that contain program materials (not a requirement)
- This is a remote working position that interacts regularly with local Asheville No Barriers volunteers, No Barriers remote staff throughout the country, and staff in the No Barriers headquarters office in Fort Collins, CO.
- This position must be able to work independently and integrate into major donor and professional corporate environments.
- This position must be located in Asheville, NC or a nearby community.
- Some national travel is required.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Fully-paid health care for employee
- Flexible schedule, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Company match to retirement plan
Preferred Applicant Experience and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilitites
- Experience in community fundraising events and stewarding relationships with local businesses and individuals
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively both in writing and in person with a variety of constituents
- Proven success in sponsorship sales and accountability to the budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with significant attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with the ability to balance short term needs with long term planning and growth over time
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to manage within identified budgets and timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and astute attention to detail
- Experience working successfully with a variety of constituents, high-level volunteers, partners, and team members
- Ability to work independently in a remote location
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to public relations; business; events; or nonprofit management
- Professional experience of three years or more in any of the following areas is desirable: fundraising; fundraising event management; donor development; portfolio management; project management; volunteer engagement
- Proven experience in fundraising events, event management & event logistics
- Proven experience working with and engaging leadership volunteers and corporate executives
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Nonprofit and fundraising experience preferred
- Experience specific to independent work with donors, companies and service organizations.
How to Apply
Please send current cover letter, resume, and three references (references will not be contacted without first notifying applicant) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is November 22, 2019
About No Barriers
No Barriers USA (No Barriers, NB) is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization providing transformational expeditions, retreats, events and tools that empower people to embrace a No Barriers Life and unleash their potential to contribute their best to the world. No Barriers serves a variety of populations, including youth, wounded veterans, caregivers, and adults with disabilities. No Barriers offers unique, life-changing educational experiences, programs, and resources to these populations around the country.