We are seeking a full-time Expedition Coordinator to join the No Barriers Team. The role of the No Barriers Expedition Coordinator is to provide superior support, customer service, and group management services to all NB expedition clients and potential clients. The Expedition Coordinator ensures that clients receive the information, forms, materials, and support they need from us, while also ensuring that NB receives what we need from our clients.
Additionally, the Expedition Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and continued improvement of all systems and processes in place to serve clients. The Expedition Coordinator, with support from the Global Initiatives and Operations Manager, also coordinates the educational process for Group Leaders, ensuring that they understand our educational model and know how to implement curriculum and utilize resources.
About the Position
- Bachelor’s degree or higher + 2 or more years professional work experience
- Acute attention to detail
- Systems-thinker and team-player
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Comfortable with sales process related to travel
- Proficiency with SalesForce*, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Asana, Slack, and Form Assembly
- A personal passion for experiential education and transformative travel, with a demonstrated commitment to the No Barriers Life elements
- Experience with, or interest in, working with diverse populations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing nonprofit organization
*A familiarity with a CRM software is highly desired (specifically SalesForce.) If you have no experience with a CRM, a demonstrable ability to quickly learn new programs is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate a caseload of 10-15 expedition groups including outreach, operations, and special programs staff to ensure expedition programs are delivered effectively and meet program objectives. This includes management of rosters, timelines, and Group Leader Toolkits
- With support from the Global Initiatives and Operations Manager, assist with building and maintaining relationships with expeditions work.
- Drive sales process as the first point of contact for new groups and inquiries related to travel.
- Attend and present at informational client meetings as needed.
- Follow systems and processes in place with direction from the Global Initiatives and Operations Manager to support clients.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Outreach staff to implement a retention strategy for past clients and to re-engage them in programming.
- Collaborate with Global Initiatives and Operations Manager to provide program quotes, sample itineraries, and materials to all expedition groups and support promotional offers for repeat clients.
- Ensure that program process, timelines, and expectations are communicated clearly to all clients and that client requests and concerns are managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Support the process of mid-term and long-term evaluations and collaborate on the evaluation of program design, delivery, and impact.
- Provide oversight for account management and ensure all travel groups are reconciled and paid-in-full and that Finance staff have the tools and resources to support account management, including invoicing and billing.
- Provide oversight and accountability to ensure that all expedition groups are ready to depart for their field program, including (but not limited to):
- Manage a caseload of groups and to ensure that their participants have completed all applicable forms, and that rosters, passports, visas, final itineraries, flight schedules, Emergency Action Plans, insurance confirmation, trip cancellation (if applicable), and other documentation are completed accurately and shared accordingly.
- Create and revise forms as needed according to changes in programming and/or legal requirements; manage the medical review process in collaboration with contracted medical staff.
- Generate and disseminate paperwork. Curate rosters and paperwork for use by field and office staff; finalize flight information.
- Ensure receipt of all payments prior to departure. Collaborate with Accounting staff to manage billing and invoicing system and the processes for payments and refunds; track income through regular reports from Accounting.
- Gather, organize, and present additional educational tools aligned with our work, including the Expedition Curriculum and destination-specific resources and materials.
- Collaborate with the NB Education team to develop Global Impact Projects (Phase 3 Curriculum) and to ensure they understand and have the resources necessary to implement projects and stay engaged with NBY
Other Potential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Occasional after hours access required when programs are in the field.
- Support implementation of risk management systems and processes.
- Manage purchases made and provide information to Accounting.
- Regularly brief Global Initiatives and Operations Manager on expedition program systems, client status, and budgets
- Do research and work across departments to create and improve upon expedition programs systems and processes
- Contribute to positive organizational culture through intentional and identifiable actions
- May lead or co-lead an expedition program if needed; may travel on an expedition in other roles as needed
- Possible moving of boxes that contain program materials (not a requirement)
- Possible travel to domestic or international destinations that includes activities such as walking for extended periods of time, carrying luggage and gear, riding in boats, engaging in service projects (that may include painting, light construction, or planting), and hiking (possibly at high altitudes)
- Possible travel opportunities to domestic destinations in support of No Barriers events and your professional development
- This is an office job based out of the Fort Collins office requiring use of a computer
- Location in Colorado preferred
- Fully-paid health care for employee
- Flexible schedule, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Company match to retirement plan
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
Knowledge, skills, and ability
- Proven ability to manage travel-related customer service systems
- Understanding of management within a non-profit organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients at once
- Focus and efficiency skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead group travel
- Solution-focused problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Clear understanding of data and how it informs programming and performance
- Proven strategic thinker with ability to balance short term needs with long term planning and growth over time
- Ability to create and improve systems and processes
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to manage budgets
- Exceptional organizational skills and astute attention to detail
- Understanding of experiential learning, the student travel business, and outdoor programs
- Cultural fit and alignment with No Barriers core values will be considered
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, education, business, tourism, or similar.
- Professional development in any of the following areas: management, supervision, organizational culture, service learning, information management, travel industry, risk management, education
- Experience working with educators and youth
Experience supporting educational program and curriculum implementation
- Non-profit experience preferred
- 2+ years experience working in a client services role that supports educators with experiential program planning and implementation preferred.
- Experience specific to supporting travel programs is highly desirable
How to Apply
Please send current cover letter, resume, and three references (references will not be contacted without first notifying applicant) to email@example.com.
Application deadline is November 22, 2019
About No Barriers
No Barriers USA (No Barriers, NB) is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization providing transformational expeditions, retreats, events and tools that empower people to embrace a No Barriers Life and unleash their potential to contribute their best to the world. No Barriers serves a variety of populations, including youth, wounded veterans, caregivers, and adults with disabilities. No Barriers offers unique, life-changing educational experiences, programs, and resources to these populations around the country.