About No Barriers USA
No Barriers mission is to unleash the potential of the human spirit. We are a global community united by a belief in our collective ability to break through barriers, unleash our potential and have a positive impact on the world. No Barriers provides transformative experiences, brought to life globally through powerful stories that foster shared identity and community. The people we serve are as diverse as the world in which we live. Wherever we find people ready to embrace the No Barriers philosophy, we strive to support them. No Barriers USA is a nonprofit organization based in Fort Collins, Colorado
What barriers do you face? Whether it be in our personal lives, at work, or in our communities, we all face challenges. At No Barriers, we believe that what defines us is not what these are, but how we choose to respond. No Barriers empowers people of all walks of life and abilities to overcome obstacles, live a life of purpose, and give back to the world – all based on our ground-breaking curriculum, the No Barriers Life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise funds for No Barriers by implementing community fundraising events, new initiatives and elevating corporate partnerships.
- Successfully support and execute fundraising events (including but not limited to existing special events) and create new events that generate corporate support and individual giving in Asheville and the Southeastern US. These events require skill in logistics, donor relations, and mission engagement.
- Work with supervisor and local volunteer leaders to identify and engage community businesses, organizations, service organizations, and foundations that can further the work of No Barriers.
- Support the Development Department across all fundraising initiatives and efforts as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to positive organizational culture through intentional and identifiable actions
- Work effectively across all departments to ensure knowledge and alignment of funding needs and opportunities
- Support employee engagement, stewardship and recognition efforts for individuals and donors from across the organization
- Work effectively within budget and help manage the resources and expenses within the department
- This is not a supervisory position, but does require engagement with high-level donors, partners, and volunteers and requires successful leadership skills for managing cross-departmental projects.
Knowledge, skills, and ability—
- Experience in community fundraising events and stewarding relationships with local businesses and individuals
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively both in writing and in person with a variety of constituents
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with significant attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with the ability to balance short term needs with long term planning and growth over time
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to manage within identified budgets and timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and astute attention to detail
- Experience working successfully with a variety of constituents, high-level volunteers, partners, and team members
- Ability to work independently in a remote location
In addition, the Fundraising Events Coordinator will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Fast paced and energetic work style— driven for success with a positive attitude that energizes others
- Project Management—identifies and thinks through all necessary steps of a project, sets appropriate deadlines, moves seamlessly between prioritized tasks, identifies required participants and holds self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
- Strategic Thinking—takes into account and analyzes various points of view and data to form a perspective appropriate for execution of a plan that is in line with organizational priorities, including the identifying or anticipating of problems and implementing of solutions
- Creative and Innovative Thinking – is able to effectively build partnerships that meet the needs of the community and of No Barriers
Education or formal training
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to public relations; business; events; or nonprofit management
- Professional development in any of the following areas is desirable: fundraising; fundraising event management; donor development; portfolio management; project management; volunteer engagement
- Proven experience in fundraising events, event management & event logistics
- Proven experience working with and engaging leadership volunteers and corporate executives
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Nonprofit and fundraising experience preferred
- Experience specific to independent work with donors, companies and service organizations.
- This is a remote working position that interacts regularly with local Asheville No Barriers staff members/volunteers and the No Barriers headquarters office in Fort Collins, CO.
- This position must be able to work independently and integrate into major donor and professional corporate environments.
- This position must be located in Asheville, North Carolina or a nearby community.
- Some national travel is required.
- Possible moving of boxes that contain program or other materials (not a requirement)
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Submit a resume and cover letter (PDF) to email@example.com. Duration dates may be flexible. We review applications on a rolling basis, meaning we accept qualified applicants as they apply.