We are seeking a full-time Project Manager to join the No Barriers Team.
The Project manager is responsible for the planning and overseeing of projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. The Project Manager works with all departments across the organization to form comprehensive teams made up of the best staff to assist in the completion of projects. The Project Manager will plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. Project managers are also responsible for effective management of key strategic partners.
No Barriers is a nonprofit organization dedicated to unleashing the potential of the human spirit. We all face challenges that keep us from living our best lives. No Barriers helps people transform the way they see themselves; recognize challenges as opportunities; and discover their full potential to give back to the world. Imagine a world where people know that what’s within them is stronger than what’s in their way. That’s the world No Barriers is creating. Will you join us?
About the Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with NBPP Director and stakeholders to determine and define project scope and objectives and assemble cross-functional teams
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Collaborate with NBPP Director to predict and manage the resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources, including budget, in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan, including delegating project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage all systems and processes related to project management
- Facilitate partnership relations with support from all departments including providing project updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Collaborate with Marketing staff to develop strategy specific to programs, and ensure that potential clients’ inquiries about programs are answered in a timely and effective manner
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and ability—
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Ability to manage staff and provide accountability
- Ability to create and improve systems and processes
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to create and manage budgets
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple moving parts and remain productive under pressure
Education or formal training—
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, education, business, tourism, computer science, business, or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- 2-5 years of project management or related experience
- Possible moving of boxes that contain program materials (not a requirement)
- Possible travel to domestic or international destination that includes activities such as walking for extended periods of time, carrying luggage and gear, riding in boats, engaging in service projects (that may include painting, light construction or planting), and hiking (possibly at high altitudes)
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- This is an office job based out of the Fort Collins office requiring use of a computer
- Location in Colorado preferred
- Fully-paid health care for employee
- Flexible schedule, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Company match to retirement plan
How to Apply
Please send current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in your email subject line.
About No Barriers
No Barriers USA (No Barriers, NB) is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization providing transformational expeditions, retreats, events and tools that empower people to embrace a No Barriers Life and unleash their potential to contribute their best to the world. No Barriers serves a variety of populations, including youth, wounded veterans, caregivers, and adults with disabilities. No Barriers offers unique, life-changing educational experiences, programs, and resources to these populations around the country.