We are seeking a full-time Regional Development Manager to join the No Barriers Team.
This full-time position, will require significant time working with major donors in the Asheville, North Carolina area and surrounding communities. This is a key position that focuses on building donor relations and fundraising in a major No Barriers market and expanding our community across the southeast. This is a perfect position for a skilled fundraiser who loves building community locally while working with a national organization. Designated to raise revenue for No Barriers USA through a major annual fundraising gala, community building, and individual giving, this position will be an integral part of No Barriers fundraising team. Excellent benefits and flexible work environment.
About the Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise funds for No Barriers by stewarding, cultivating and engaging major donors
- Develop and execute a strategy with Fundraising Events Manager for annual gala; implementing new initiatives and elevating/securing corporate partnerships that drive revenue particularly in the Southeastern US, including Asheville, North Carolina. These events require skill in logistics, donor relations, and mission engagement.
- Work with supervisor and local volunteer leaders to identify and engage volunteers, community businesses, organizations, service organizations, and foundations that can further the work of No Barriers.
- Support the Development Department across all fundraising initiatives and efforts as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to positive organizational culture through intentional and identifiable actions
- Work effectively across all departments to ensure knowledge and alignment of funding needs and opportunities
- Support employee engagement, stewardship and recognition efforts for individuals and donors from across the organization
- Work effectively within budget and help manage the resources and expenses within the department
- This is not a supervisory position, but does require engagement with high-level donors, partners, and volunteers and requires successful leadership skills for managing cross-departmental projects
Knowledge, skills, and ability—
- Experience in developing and stewarding individual and corporate relationships with the ability to develop and execute high-end fundraising events.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively both in writing and in person with a variety of constituents
- Proven success in sponsorship sales and accountability to the budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with significant attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with the ability to balance short term needs with long term planning and growth over time
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to manage within identified budgets and timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and astute attention to detail
- Experience working successfully with a variety of constituents, high-level volunteers, partners, and team members
- Ability to work independently in a remote location
In addition, the Regional Development Manager will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Fast-paced and energetic work style-driven for success with a positive attitude that energizes others
- Project Management-identifies and thinks through all necessary steps of a project sets appropriate deadlines, moves seamlessly between prioritized tasks, identifies required participants and holds self and others accountable to outcomes and deadlines
- Strategic Thinking-takes into account and analyzes various points of view and data to form a perspective appropriate for execution of a plan that is in line with organizational priorities, including the identifying or anticipating problems and implementing of solutions
- Creative and Innovative Thinking– is able to effectively build partnerships that meet the needs of the community and of No Barriers
Education or formal training—
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to public relations; business; events; or nonprofit management
- Professional experience of three years or more in any of the following areas is desirable: fundraising; fundraising event management; donor development; portfolio management; project management; volunteer engagement
- Proven experience in fundraising, donor engagement and event management
- Proven experience working with and engaging leadership volunteers and corporate executives
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Nonprofit and fundraising experience preferred
- Experience specific to independent work with donors, companies and service organizations.
- Possible moving of boxes that contain program materials (not a requirement)
- Possible travel to domestic or international destination that includes activities such as walking for extended periods of time, carrying luggage and gear, riding in boats, engaging in service projects (that may include painting, light construction or planting), and hiking (possibly at high altitudes)
- This is a remote working position that interacts regularly with local Asheville No Barriers volunteers, No Barriers remote staff throughout the country, and staff in the No Barriers headquarters office in Fort Collins, CO.
- This position must be able to work independently and integrate into major donor and professional corporate environments.
- This position must be located in Asheville, NC, or a nearby community.
- Some national travel is required.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- Fully-paid health care for employee
- Flexible schedule, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Company match to retirement plan
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
How to Apply
Please send current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in your email subject line.
About No Barriers
No Barriers USA (No Barriers, NB) is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization providing transformational expeditions, retreats, events and tools that empower people to embrace a No Barriers Life and unleash their potential to contribute their best to the world. No Barriers serves a variety of populations, including youth, wounded veterans, caregivers, and adults with disabilities. No Barriers offers unique, life-changing educational experiences, programs, and resources to these populations around the country.