Supervisor Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Full Time, Seasonal (25 weeks)
Application Open Date: 1/29/2021
Application Close Date: 3/5/2021
Position Start Date: 4/19/2021
Position End Date: 10/15/2021
This is a full time seasonal Program Coordinator job with a primary role of supporting No Barriers field expeditions. This support includes but is not limited to recruitment & onboarding, logistical preparation, operational procedures, and program leadership. The employee will work closely with participants, partners, outfitters, sponsors, expedition leaders, and No Barriers staff throughout the entire program process. This position also entails backcountry expedition leadership, primarily, but not limited to, the Warriors program.
Please review this job description thoroughly. If interested, send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and any relevant certifications attached. Start and end dates can be slightly flexible – please note any request to change in your email. Applications accepted until March 5th, or until a desirable candidate is found.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Program Manager to coordinate all logistical requirements related to programs (transportation, equipment, lodging, and menu/ food planning).
- Work closely with the Program Manager to coordinate all operational requirements related to programs (itineraries, permits, risk management, and safety measures).
- Coordinate logistical & operational details to support other No Barriers programs or projects as needed.
- Maintain program equipment; ensure adequate, serviceable quantities are on hand to support programs; coordinate equipment issue and recovery.
- Organize menu and food preparation for expeditions.
- Oversee expedition preparation process with expedition leaders.
- Assemble and provide pre-program pack for program leaders
- Coordinate program details with outfitters and program partners
- Assist with post-program recovery (program de-briefs, equipment, financial reconciliation, communications)
- Support evaluation distribution, collection, data input, and analysis.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input during the budgeting process
- Provide support for other programs or projects
- Contribute to communications efforts
- As needed, participate in the field as program leader
- As needed, provide support for emergency evacuation operations
- Work across departments to create and improve upon operational systems and processes while enhancing interdepartmental relationships
- Do research and make recommendations for ways to continually improve our programs and systems for executing
- Contribute to positive organizational culture through intentional and identifiable actions
- Assist with developmental or No Barriers events as needed
- Assist with NB programming support as needed by Director
Partial supervision of Expedition Leaders and Volunteers, as directed by Manager.
This position requires both computer based support work, along with expedition preparation and facilitation. Expect 50/50 office/field based work.
- 50% Remote / Office Work – April, May, & June will be primarily computer based work, and can be completed remotely. There will be occasional work that needs to be done in Fort Collins, CO.
- 50% Field / No Barriers Warehouse – July, August, & September will be primarily preparation and expedition leadership. Preparation work is done at the No Barriers Warehouse, located in Fort Collins, CO. All expeditions launch out of the Warehouse, and can take place anywhere in the USA.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of working in the outdoor recreation industry.
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification.
- Experience leading outdoor recreation programs.
- Experience coordinating logistical details.
- Strong knowledge of backpacking, rock climbing, and other adventure based recreation, along with the technical skills to support that knowledge.
- High-level functional skills in Google Suite, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and organizational procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others toward a common goal.
- Creative problem-solver; ability to multi-task and manage several moving parts at once; ability to remain calm and productive under stress.
- Positive attitude, and desire to add to a pleasant workplace culture.
Additional Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to recreation management.
- Military service.
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor certification.
- Leave No Trace Trainer certification.
- Other recreation professional certifications and training.
- Conflict de-escalation experience or training.
- ASSIST suicide prevention training.
- Familiarity with outdoor recreation best practices and risk management.
- Experience working in wilderness therapy.
- Experience working with Veterans, children, and people facing other significant challenges.
- Experience with group meal planning and food preparation.
- Experience designing or facilitating adaptive programming.
- Experience working in a non-profit, donation funded workplace.
- Experience or training with 15 passenger van driving.
- Ability to lift 60lbs.
- Ability to carry up to a 60lb backpack up to 10 miles per day on rugged terrain, at time above 10,000ft.
- Ability to carry boxes and program gear up and down steps.
- Ability to provide leadership for up to 18 hours without sleep.
- This job requires you to drive company vehicles, and is dependent on a DMV history check.
- You must be able, and comfortable driving 15 passenger vans with participants, at all hours of the day, for extended distances.
- You will need to have reliable transportation to the No Barriers Office & Warehouse, located in Fort Collins, CO as job responsibilities demand.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. No Barriers reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time. Please contact the supervisor for any clarification.