No Barriers mission is to unleash the potential of the human spirit. We are a global community united by a belief in our collective ability to break through barriers, unleash our potential and have a positive impact on the world. No Barriers provides transformative experiences, brought to life globally through powerful stories that foster shared identity and community. The people we serve are as diverse as the world in which we live. Wherever we find people ready to embrace the No Barriers philosophy, we strive to support them. No Barriers USA is a nonprofit organization based in Fort Collins, Colorado. For more information visit: www.nobarriersusa.org.
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a progressive nonprofit organization located in the heart of old town Fort Collins, working with a dynamic team of passionate individuals. All our interns are considered part of our “family” and are included in all team meetings, staff meetings and social events (e.g. all-staff service days, professional development events, happy hours, etc.).
- Support the Global Initiatives and Operations Manager in the following areas:
- Developing new expedition programs and itineraries.
- Managing a team of expedition leaders during the 2019/2020 season.
- Cultivating relationships with international and domestic partner organizations.
- Planning and facilitating the 2019 Expedition Leader Training.
- Assist with logistics coordination for international and domestic expedition programs. (e.g. make reservations, research vendors, order supplies, etc.)
- Organizing, preparing and shipping program materials.
- Creating guidebooks for new destinations.
- Organizing and maintaining media assets from the field (i.e. photos and videos).
- Learn effective non-profit management skills (i.e. budget management, cross-departmental collaboration, project management, etc.).
- Participate in regular team meetings and professional development events.
- Facilitate transformative, curriculum-based programming for youth of varying ability levels and demographics.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/characteristics/experience:
- Highly organized and an acute attention to detail.
- Customer service experience and a professional demeanor.
- Eager to work on small but dynamic team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Google Suite (i.e. gmail, docs, sheets, etc.)
- A personal passion for experiential education and “transformative travel”
- Experience with, or interest in, working with diverse populations of people in a dynamic non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to the No Barriers mission.
- Be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and or skills that may be required. No Barriers holds the right to terminate interns if they do not meet requirements and responsibilities set forth in this description, or if an intern violates the policies, procedures, or the intern agreement.
Terms of internship:
- March – August 2019. Exact dates can be negotiated.
- 10-20 flexible hours per week.
- This internship requires a background check.
- This position is unpaid, however the intern will have the opportunity to participate in the 2019 No Barriers Youth Expedition Leader Training (valued over $2,000), which prepares individuals for employment as an Expedition Leader for any of the No Barriers Youth Expedition and Retreat programs.
Email a cover letter and resume in PDF format with two professional or academic references to:
Drew Doty, Global Initiatives and Operations Manager
(970)484-3633 ext. 336