Warriors Program Essential Eligibility Criteria
No Barriers strives to provide impactful, challenging, and enjoyable experiences for Veterans with disabilities. The No Barriers Warriors Essential Eligibility Criteria (EEC) is a checklist of physical, mental, and emotional requirements needed to attend a No Barriers Warriors program. These are not intended to be exclusionary, but a resource for veterans with disabilities when considering if a Warriors program is the right fit for them. Please review the following information, and make sure that when expressing interest in a certain Warriors program, you are well informed on the challenges and requirements for that specific program. You should be able to check every box not only as able, but also willing.
If you have questions about the No Barriers Warriors Essential Eligibility Criteria, please contact Nate Gillette at [email protected] or 970-484-3633 ext.311.
No Barriers Warriors programs are open to Veterans with injuries sustained in training or combat from any branch of service, from any era.
The Essential Eligibility Criteria is broken into three categories.
- General – these requirements apply to ALL Warriors Expeditions and At-Home programs.
- Basecamp – these are additional requirements for attending a Warrior Basecamp Expedition.
- Backcountry – these are additional requirements for attending a Warrior Backcountry Expedition.
General Essential Eligibility Criteria
The General EEC applies to all Warriors Expeditions and At-Home programs.
- I am a Veteran, and can provide a DD214 or other government issued proof of military service.
- I have a VA Disability Rating, and can provide a VA Rating Letter as proof.
- I understand that No Barriers Warriors programs are designed to help and enrich Veterans through curriculum based experiences, but are NOT therapy programs, and that No Barriers does NOT provide therapists or psychologists.
- I understand that all No Barriers Warriors programs are drug and alcohol free, and that it is possible that someone on my team may be currently, or have been previously, dealing with substance abuse issues.
- I understand that No Barriers Warriors programs, unless specified otherwise, are co-ed, and that it is possible that someone on my team may have experienced harassment, assault, or other traumatic sexual interactions.
- I understand that No Barriers places no distinction on military service history or duties, and that downplaying any teammates’ service is unacceptable.
- I am able to display tolerance, respect, and compassion towards my team members, regardless of their history, personal beliefs, race, sexuality, gender orientation, religion, or political stance.
- I am able to maintain a positive or neutral attitude, even when challenged physically, mentally, or emotionally.
- I am able to manage my frustration and anger in a way as to not impact others.
- I am able to ask for, and offer help when needed.
- I am able to communicate my needs, concerns, and requests to staff members.
- I am able to notify staff of any injury, illness, personal distress, or triggers that impact my state of mind.