The mission of No Barriers is to fully unleash the potential of the human spirit. Through transformative experiences, tools and inspiration, we help people embark on a quest to contribute their absolute best to the world. In the process, we foster a community of curious, brave and collaborative explorers who are determined to live the No Barriers Life.
We often get asked about how to get involved in the important work of No Barriers. While there are some opportunities to volunteer at our annual events, there are also many ways you can champion and expand the work of No Barriers in your own backyard!
Please let us know how we can help—we’re grateful for your support.
Ways YOU Can Get Involved with No Barriers Right Now
- Accept the accessibility challenge. Make something in YOUR community more accessible!
- Become a virtual volunteer. Or an in-person one!
- Host a fundraiser. Lemonade stands, car washes, bake sales—all fair game.
- Have friends over and dine in the dark. Introduce specific challenges or activities throughout your dinner party to really drill-into your message. OR…
- Have a No Barriers Dinner Club and learn about a new No Barriers Life Element every meet-up.
- Join our Facebook group and stay in touch with your No Barriers buds.
- Screen the “Weight of Water” with friends. It’s on Amazon Prime and the perfect precursor to a discussion with your community about the No Barriers Life.
- Share your story at an open mic night. Your personal No Barriers story needs to be heard. Tell it!
- Read Erik Weihenmayer’s book, “No Barriers, A Blind Man’s Journey to Kayak the Grand Canyon” in your existing book club. Follow it up with a discussion about extraordinary members in your own community. Talk about what inspires you and identify people doing remarkable things.
- Create an event for ALL abilities in your community. A walk, a 5K, a climbing expedition. You name it, you can do it—for all.
- Donate pocket change. We’re always appreciative of financial support, whether big or small.
- Break 30 barriers in 30 days. Don’t forget: What’s Within You is Stronger Than What’s in Your Way. Tell us about your journey on social media!
- Put a No Barriers Team together to participate in local races, like 5ks, marathons, walk-a-thons. Raise both awareness and money to support No Barriers and work with local race planners to ensure people of all abilities can participate.
- Talk to local businesses about No Barriers to see if they will “fund-a-vet;” provide a scholarship to someone in need.
- Nominate or recruit veterans with disabilities for our upcoming Warriors season. Promote Warriors at your local VA Hospital, America Legion Hall, etc.
- Recruit your student’s middle or high school to participate in a No Barriers Youth Program.
- Form a No Barriers Podcast club! Great for bike rides, group art projects, baking with friends, cleaning your classrooms, or other activities where you can keep both your minds and hands busy.
- Set up a No Barriers booth at a local community event—be a Community Ambassador
- Introduce a No Barriers night at your local climbing gym
- Take the No Barriers Pledge – set a goal for yourself that stretches you outside your comfort zone and tell us about it on social media.
- Buy a No Barriers Classroom Kit for your students class so they can learn about living a No Barriers Life.
- Sign up for our email list. You’ll get the most important updates, event details, news, and deals straight to your inbox.
For more information about ways you can support No Barriers, please fill out the interest form below and we’ll be in touch with you. ????